New Years Eve is tomorrow and we all know that the streets can be a dangerous place. Lucky for all of us, there are a few safe alternatives that can keep our streets safe this new year. Use this list below for your safe travels:
- RTC Free New Years Eve Safe Ride - All transit vehicles for RTC will be free running from new years eve at 6 p.m. to 2 a.m. new years day! The new years eve safe RIDE program is a community effort bringing together the funds to make all of this possible. Click the link for their free new years schedule.
- Lyft rides - Lyft is an app that you can download onto your phone to get cheap rides by local drivers in the area. If you look into promo codes, you can get some money towards your Lyft rides. Download the app at Lyftapp!
- Uber Rides - Uber is very similar to Lyft and offers local rides to patrons in the area using a mobile app. Promo codes for Uber can also be found if you look into promo codes online. Download the Uber at Uberapp!
- Local Taxi's - Local taxi companies are always a classic go to when it come to finding a ride on new years and new years eve. Here are two local cab services: Reno Sparks Cab Co. (775) 333-3333/ Whittlesea Checker Taxi (775) 322-2222
- Plan Ahead - Lastly make sure to plan ahead! If you know that you will be partying heavily new years eve make sure to get a hotel or have a designated driver for the night. The streets of Reno will thank you.
Now there should be no excuses to keep the streets of Reno safe this new years eve. There are options for everyone out there and we can only hope that they make they most of these options. Let's keep the streets safe and classy. Have a Happy New Year!